Thursday, August 2, 2007

GOAL!!!

When in school, I was a big fan of Cricket. I knew all the players of every national team by heart. My friends and I would collect these cricket trump cards and boast about our collection to each other. I would religiously watch almost every match. Yes, every over, every ball and every break. Phew! Today I wonder how did I sit and watch one day matches, let alone test match.

But I'm glad I switched over to FOOTBALL! Its not been many years, but I am in love with the game! I remember my dad used to watch World Cup past midnight. I was in school then, and we were not supposed to stay up till late in the night. My early college years were also never spent watching the game. FIFA World Cup 2002 was when I was exposed to soccer. Though I did not watch the matches, I caught up with it through the newspapers and heard the scores on the radio. I even had paper cut-outs of the players for every match. After this I might have watched only a few of League matches. And fortunately I watched Manchester United in action.

Only when the World Cup was back (yeah! After 4 years of wait) I began following this game till date. I succeeded in continuing with the game and saw English Premiere League and Spanish League throughout the season.

Though I cannot boast about the years I've been following the game or being a RED DEVIL, I possess decent knowledge about football and am not just someone who likes it just for namesake.

One thing is sure- I am going to be a footie freak all my life!

GLORY GLORY MANCHESTER UNITED!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am glad that you switched to soccer so that we could watch some kick ass matches together...though i don't support manchester united...

Tamanna said...

Oh Nice! I have never been able to get Football :| (or Soccer for that matter....lol....)

kartick said...

I guess you would have had more fun had you switched to cricket :)