Monday, January 23, 2012

Chilly & the children

Oh, what a winter! Waking up for work every morning is a task, of course done out of compulsion. The chilled water brings back my senses and helps my eyes to finally open wide. Bathing in cold water is fun, but then my mother doesn’t like the idea. After a cup of hot tea and a quick breakfast, I put on a sweater and step into a foggy, cold atmosphere.

Walking with a scarf looped around the neck, already thinking about the time when I return back home in the evening, I see so many children standing with their mothers, waiting for their pick-up to drop them at school. Some as small as 3-4-year olds! All of them wearing their woollens, few still seem drowsy while most of them their chattering normal self.

I, a 26 year old, suddenly realised the contrast of my complaining about the stinging wind and my numb skin, and those cute little faces with scarves and mufflers around them. The warmth of their smiles echoed on my face. Though it didn’t lessen the chilly breeze but strengthened my mind. If these kids can brave the winter, why can’t I?

Have a cheery winter!

No comments: