Saturday, October 20, 2007

Mis(s)quote!

These days I had some proverbs on my mind. Great people have had their say. Well, those great sayings have gotten a face-lift... er... rather a meaning-lift. Whatever! In layman's terms- I've messed these sayings. These may not go down in history. (I doubt even if it goes down well with the readers.) Who's line is it anyway? Here you go!

(1) Barking dogs seldom bite, while they bark.

(2) Necessity is the mother of invention.
Laziness is the father of hibernation.

(3) Alls fair in love and war... and hatred and peace and fun and bullying and bossing and politics and... the list continues.

(4) All that glitters is not gold. Today its known as bling-bling, baby!

(5) The grass is always greener on the other side. Let loose some cows in there for grazing.

(6) Its no use crying over spilled milk. Do with black coffee for now.

(7) Every dog has its day. You're lucky if you lead a dog's life then.

(8) Curiosity killed the cat. You look curious too.

(9) Alls well that ends well. Then there's another bad beginning.

(10) All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. And today he's a millionaire.

(11) Don't count your chickens before they are hatched. You may yearn for an omelet before that.

(12) Appearances are deceptive. You look smart.

Tomorrow if some Language experts sue me for all these, I'll have to eat my words. And sadly these are hard to digest. Uh-oh! I had forgotten to alert the readers to take a digestive tablet (preferably 'hajmola') before going through the post. The error is regretted.

THATS ALL FOLKS!!!

2 comments:

verypreeti said...

hehe...They say "An idle mind is the devil's workshop" but I say "Shruthi's mind is the devil's workshop"
P.S. This thought came to my mind after reading this post:P

Meenakshi said...

shruthi, am smiling. :)

i couldn't find a hajmola, so i took pudin hara [;)]