Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Virtual World.

Spending time is easy these days. Thanks to social networking sites, once you're connected to the internet, you've got loads of things to do.

I first had got an invitation to join 'Tagged'. Unknowing what actually was it, I created a profile. I hardly went online then, and found it very boring. Later my mailbox had many other invitations which I overlooked viz. Hi5!, Orkut, Yaari, WAYN, Shelfari, Desi Martini, Facebook, Minglebox, etc.

I logged onto Orkut. It was fun getting in touch with old friends and the communities were the reason that I got addicted to it. I had vowed not to join anymore networking sites. But then, after certain time Orkut got monotonous. Sometime later one of my friends told me to sign up on Facebook and claimed it was much better than Orkut.

Being often congenial, I believed her and joined in. She had already warned me that it may seem too cluttered at the beginning. And it surely was an eyesore! But when I explored the applications, it turned out to be pleasing to me. There's so much to do on it. I simply can't stop playing the 'Never ending movie quiz' as much as I had got hooked to the 'Music Trivia'. Christmas was wonderful as I could set up a Christmas Tree on my profile and also give presents to friends for the occasion. Worthy to mention are the points I get for cheering for Manchester United and I created my own team for the Fantasy League.

All I can say is that Facebook as for now is fascinating. I understand this will be short-lived. But then, I assume, something else might keep me wrapped up.

They say technology has made the world a smaller place to live in... and I wonder how even more smaller is it getting? A virtual world- something we dreamt of?

Jamiroquai- Virtual Insanity.

Futures made of virtual insanity
now always seem to be governed by this love we have
For useless, twisting, our new technology
Oh there is no sound for we all live underground

Living - Virtual Insanity
Living - Virtual Insanity
Living - Virtual Insanity
Living - Virtual Insanity

Virtual Insanity is what we're living in!

3 comments:

Manu Akula said...

No Comments !

verypreeti said...

I am already bored of Facebook also.

Tamanna said...

Told ya Facebook was fun. :D