Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Shark Tail.

Being the one who 'wanted' a fish tank, the task of cleaning it is solely my responsibility. I've currently got four fishes in my tank. One Kisser Fish, a pair of Sharks and a 'Sucker fish'. Yesterday, when I was cleaning my fish tank, I remembered an incident that had occurred last month.

Morning at 9, I put food for the fishes. I just moved away from the tank and I heard a thumping sound on the roof of the tank. Was the shark was jumping and hitting the roof, I wondered. I peered through the glass tank but could not see one of the sharks. I at once opened the lid on the roof and was prepared to catch hold of it incase it leapt out.

However, the shark was not jumping but it was stuck in the ring meant for holding a light bulb and was struggling there hitting the roof with its tail. Though I did panic for a second, I had to rescue it. I tried pulling it out gently, since it must not be hurt in the process. But my shark, instead of co-operating with me went on pushing itself more further into the ring.

I thought it was no use now pulling it in the opposite direction since it had pushed the fins on the other side too. Thus, I began pushing it. A couple of minutes and alas, to my relief, it was back in the water again! And there it swam like nothing ever happened.

I immediately got rid of the unused ring in order to avoid furthermore circus perils in future. Where did it learn the trick from? It seemed like a 'Free Willy' scene gone wrong. (No, the whale never tried jumping through a ring, so didn't get stuck in it.)

Six years of owning a fish tank with numerous fishes in and numerous out, those few minutes of rescue nearly had my heart in my mouth. Having a pet is like nurturing a kid. But you can't punish fishes for their mischiefs.

1 comment:

verypreeti said...

Yea...wonder who taught the shark those tricks :P