Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Strange encounters of the same kind- Part II

This incident occurred when I was doing my PG from K.C college at Churchgate.

My lecture got over at 8:00 PM and I had a train at 8:45 from VT. I used to take my own time and walk all the way from KC to VT instead of taking a cab or bus to avoid waiting at the crowded platform for some more time. But try as I may, I used to reach the platform by 8:20. And standing on VT platform is the worst part. People stare at you like you are an alien. I stand there below the indicator wondering which platform the train would arrive at. Suddenly a guy came and said 'hi!' I took a step back and looked at my either sides trying to figure out whom he is talking to. Yet he looked at me and asks, "Mind if I stand next to you? You see, my friends there (points in some direction and I don't bother to gaze in that direction) asked me to stand next to you as a dare."
Me: So?
He: If you don't mind, can I stand here for just 5 mins?
Me: Alright. (As though I own the place and he seeks permission just to stand next to me.)
He: Thanks.
I just smiled and looked ahead.
He: How can we just stand like this? Can we talk?
Me: *blinked my eyes* Talk?
He: Yeah. My name is ... (I don't remember.) You are? Its okay, you can give any fake answers.
Me: I'm Shruthi.
He: So Shruthi, are you from Xaviers?
I nod.
He: TYBA huh?
Me: Yes.
He: Prepared for exams? Did you join any coaching classes?
Me: (Confidently) No.
He: Oh! You should've had. Its very difficult. You'll have problems with... blah... blah... blah...
Me: Listen. Thanks for the advice. But I'm not in TY. It was all fluke, like you suggested.
His face was flushed. He looked at me in sheer disbelief.
He: Oh! Okay... 5 mins are up. Thanks Shruthi.
He shook hands and walked away... I don't know where to.

What was he expecting me to do? Spill out my whole life in front of him? Someone whom I hardly even know.

Giving it a second thought... may be I would, if he were wearing an Axe deo! The Axe effect, you see. :P

8 comments:

verypreeti said...

What is his fault? He was maybe just trying to have a conversation with a beautiful girl :P

Manu Akula said...

Betting is a serious issue. If at all his wager was genuine, then I appreciate the guy.

If he was trying to chat you up, the guy seriously needs some pick up lines :P

Manu Akula said...

am I ? :P

spicymist said...

u noe u cud hv strtd talkin on ur cell or sumthin jus 2 freak him out i mean sum conversation like " hi, listen, he's here. he's standin rite next to me,wat shud i do? WHAT? no, no , no i can't do that. i can't get away with it in a publuic place........" sumthing like that, not too loud to b ob n not too soft 2 b heard. ;)

spicymist said...

exactly what i meant. i mean hey i hv got no problem wid people going veggie, i just dunt like them turning moral police n condemning others who don't.

spicymist said...

:D thanx. i cudnt find ne band by the name purple or indigo. maybe ill call my own band ( when i form it) indigo nation or sumthing

spicymist said...

hoping too at least. learnin d guitar as an investment 4 a future band im gonna call indigo nation.....ie if i form 1.

spicymist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.